Tony went on to front 80s New Romantic band Spandau Ballet, earning himself the accolade of being one of pop music’s greatest vocalists. The band had numerous chart-topping singles and albums all over the world, including the epic “Through the Barricades” and of course the international number one “True” and the unofficial London Olympics theme “Gold”.
By the mid-80s they were world-wide superstars however, relationships cracked and the band split in 1990. Despite two well documented reunions, which generated the critically acclaimed rockumentary film “Soul Boys Of The Western World”, Tony has now left the band permanently and returned to his successful solo career, writing, recording and performing.
Nearly 40 years on from the beginning of his Spandau career Tony’s unmistakeable voice still brims with passion and urgency as it first did all those years ago.
As a solo Artist Tony has performed across the world both with his band, swing bands and orchestras. In 2005 he was awarded a Gold Badge from the British Academy of Composers and Songwriters. 2007 saw him win a new legion of fans when he appeared as Billy Flynn in Chicago on the West End stage.
Tony is a great charity supporter, regularly performing and raising funds. He has trekked across deserts jungles, competed in Who Wants to Be A Millionaire where he did very well, and holds an annual Charity Golf Day, supporting the work of Children’s’ hospices, campaigns funding medical research into childhood illnesses degenerative conditions and small personal charities where his name can help make a real difference.
Every year Tony and his ‘Fabulous TH Band’ perform continuously at concerts and festivals all over the world. In between these live shows other highlights have been the following:
- In 2015 Tony had the great privilege of being invited to Buckingham Palace to meet The Queen. That year he also did a stint in the jungle on I’m A Celebrity, which he thoroughly enjoyed.
- In 2016 he contributed to the soundtrack for the British movie ‘Eddie The Eagle’ starring Hugh Jackman & Taron Egerton.
- In 2017 Tony was invited by actor Gary Oldman to perform at the “Celebrating David Bowie” tribute concerts in London & Los Angeles, taking to the stage with amongst others Sting and Simon Le Bon.
- In 2018 Tony released his highly anticipated solo album ‘Talking To The Moon’, The album was incredibly well received and became BBC Radio 2’s Album Of The Week and the 1st single “Tonight Belongs To Us” was Single Of The Week. Audiences at every show were soon singing along to the new songs in addition to the Spandau classics.
- In 2019 Tony guested on the Young Voices UK tour performing with thousands of school children in arenas up and down the country. Speaking about this involvement Tony said “…it was genuinely one of the best things I have ever done in my life”.
- In December 2019 in the Queen’s New Year’s Honours List Mr Anthony Patrick Hadley was awarded an MBE for his Charitable work for the Shooting Star Children’s Hospice. Tony was both surprised and delighted to receive this honour.
Friday 28 Jan 2022
Sinah Warren Hotel, Hampshire
With stunning views over Langstone Harbour and peaceful spots for relaxing, this gem of the south coast has something for everyone. Relax or swim a few lengths in our heated indoor pool, or head to our new coffee lounge; the perfect place to indulge yourself with an afternoon tea, hot drink or spot of lunch.
RE-MIXED Headlining TONY HADLEY and his band
£339.00 per person
You save £0.00
based on standard roomBook now