Littlecote House Hotel
Built in the mid-1500s, this beautiful Grade I listed Tudor manor has a truly unique story. History is literally on your doorstep: the stunning location has played host to occupying Romans, a Tudor tryst and even a Civil War army. The grounds contain an ornate Roman mosaic floor and settlement remains. Henry VIII courted Jane Seymour here, and the D-Day landings were planned within the house. England’s last remaining Cromwellian Chapel in a private house is also here, and the property offers many more historical jewels for you to explore at your leisure. All of this comes with outstanding service, delicious food in our spacious restaurant, live entertainment every night, and a host of activities from tennis to air-rifle shooting.
At a glance
- Charming historic house
- Restaurant and show venue
- Free Wi-Fi
- 34 hectares of historic parklands and gardens containing an ornate Roman mosaic floor and settlement remains
- Two tennis courts and an outdoor bowling green
- Only 20 minutes' drive away from Marlborough
- Indoor pool, sauna and steam room
- Free parking
Can’t-miss highlightsThe pick of the best visiting acts, festivals, tributes, comedy and Star Breaks
A picturesque Grade I listed Tudor manor
Vast grounds full of hidden treasures
The Popham restaurant
Live shows every night included with Dinner, Bed & Breakfast breaks
Relax or catch up with friends in The Long Gallery
Absolute luxury: The Popham Suite Historic room
Contemporary Royale roomEach of our Contemporary Royale rooms is beautifully furnished with rich and sophisticated decor. We’re convinced that pure, unadulterated luxury doesn’t get much better than this
Stables Courtyard Historic roomOur Stables Courtyard Historic rooms are situated in the original Grade II listed stables (stair access only) and feature period details such as original fireplaces and wooden beams
A love for great British food
NEW Market Kitchen
The main restaurant offers a Market Kitchen menu with the focus on national favourites. Continental and English breakfast and the roast of the day are served from the counter and speciality dishes come straight to the table.
Relax, enjoy and explore
Happy body and soulImagine adult-only sanctuaries with a unique rhythm. Places with pools, fitness, spa treatments and open space for fill-your-lungs-up freshness. Always too with soul-lifting music and dancing, then mattress toppers for restful nights. This is wellness the Warner way
Where we are and how to find us
Littlecote House Hotel
0330 1359 575
Directions by car
From the M4
- Exit the M4 at Junction 14, take the A338 to Hungerford.
- After approximately 3 miles turn right onto the A4 and at the next roundabout take the 1st exit
- Shortly afterwards turn right onto the B4192, sign posted Littlecote House Hotel.
- After approximately 1 mile, the road bends sharply to the right.
- Take the road straight ahead of you on this bend and the entrance to Littlecote House Hotel is approximately half a mile on the right hand side.
Local taxi services
Town Taxi: 07540 973515
1st Direct Cars: 07590 722953
Local bus service
Traveline: 0870 608 2608
Local train station: Hungerford
Contact First Great Western Tel: 08457 000 125