Special upgrade offer - Luxurious, unique and spacious lodges surrounded by expertly landscaped gardens
Bodelwyddan (pronounced bod-el-with-an), is a Grade II listed Victorian property on the North Wales coast, recently the subject of a £6 million renovation. The National Portrait Gallery’s Victorian Collection is situated in the grounds and the famous Bodelwyddan Marble Church is set in the valley below. The hotel offers a superb range of leisure facilities, numerous daily activities, and nightly live entertainment.
Please note: Due to refurbishments the Main Castle House, which currently contains the National Portrait Gallery, will be closed until further notice. During this time the Cafe, Park and Victorian Amusements Gallery will remain open.
- Check out our latest offers
Find your place this summer
Save up to 40% on a 3 or 4 night break this summer
Enjoy a late deals at Bodelwyddan Castle Hotel.
- Discover events you really can't miss
Events not to be missed!
There is so much going on at Bodelwyddan, so we thought we would put together a list of events we really don't want you to miss:
- 30 June - Ghost hunt - There’s a whole lot of soul going on this weekend - who knows what spirits you’ll find ghost hunting in this 15th-century castle...
- 7 July - Martin Kemp - Get up close and personal to the very talented Mr Martin Kemp, as he talks us through his ‘True’ life as a movie star, soap star, musician and TV presenter.
- 21 July - Ghost hunt - Experience plenty of musical energy this weekend with our super group, The Barricade Boys, playing live – you might find a spirit or two on our ghost hunt, too.
- 28 July - Classics at the castle - We’ve got some timeless classics starring at the castle this weekend, with a classic car show as well as a brilliant homage to Morecambe and Wise.
- 23 to 29 August - International Beatleweek - Celebrate the most famous pop group in history in their hometown of Liverpool as Cavern Club brings together 70 Beatles tribute bands from over 20 countries.
- 2 and 3 September - Corwen Walking Festival - Whether you fancy a historical walk through Corwen town or a ridge walk over 800 metres up, there’s something for walkers of all abilities in this picturesque setting.
* Ghost hunt breaks require a £43 supplement which needs to be booked separately at http://bodelwyddan-castle.co.uk/whats-on/paranormal/See something you like the look of? Search for your perfect break now! - Book now
- Find out what's on at Bodelwyddan
7 July 2017
3-night weekend break - Star Break featuring an audience with Martin Kemp, plus amazing party band 80s Sensation
21 July 2017
3-night weekend break - Big Night LIVE musical super group The Barricade Boys
Bodelwyddan Castle Hotel
A stunning atrium at the heart of the hotel
Outstanding orchestras, bands, singers or shows
Guests enjoying the indoor pool
Relax in our gardens and grounds
Tasty food and service with a smile
Rooms to enjoy at Bodelwyddan Castle Hotel
It's all about crisp sheets, squashy pillows and space to relax. Whether you want to indulge in luxury or opt for a good basic room we have just the right choice for you. So explore our room choices and come join us at Bodelwyddan Castle Hotel, we look forward to welcoming you.
Dining with us
Whether dining at the lovely St David's restaurant on a 3-course evening meal, lunching in the Glass Atrium or enjoying tea and cake in the Mulberry Lounge you'll taste the best ingredients from Wales and around the country.
Head down to our newly refurbished Lowther Hall complete with our amazing gallery bar, offering fantastic views of our wonderful evening shows, with tiered seating adding to our first class entertainment experience.
My Warner Table
Why not choose your zone for the fabulous entertainment we have during your break, plus have the same table for your whole stay!
Things to do
If you would rather enjoy a more active visit to Bodelwyddan Castle we have an abundance of activities to keep you on your toes. Here you can have the best of both worlds - a setting between mountains and coast.
The ultimate walking destination
Famous for its gorgeous landscapes, crisp clean air, rugged coastline and mountainous national parks, Wales is the perfect walking environment. Lucky for you Bodelwyddan is set right in the heart of it all; just a stone’s throw from the coast and a short drive away from Snowdonia and its own gorgeous 16 acres of grounds which backs onto a massive 260 acres of Victorian parkland, Bodelwyddan castle really is the ultimate walking destination.
Mulberry Leisure Club
Swim a couple of lengths in our indoor heated swimming pool or just relax in the spa pool. Our sauna & steam room are the perfect place to relax after a round of golf. Indulge in wonderful beauty treatments to soothe the soul leaving you well and truly re-charged!
Leisure Club included with your stay:
- Indoor heated swimming pool (towels provided) - Closed from 15 May - 29 May 2017
- Steam Room and Sauna
- Tropicarium and Spa pool
- Fully equipped fitness studio
Download our lifestyle brochure (opens in new window)
Beauty Treatments at our Day Spa
- Massages - Back, scalp, body. All soothing tension to leave you feeling restored!
- Beauty Treatments - Traditional beauty therapies and new holistic treatments
Where we are and how to find us
Bodelwyddan Castle Hotel
01745 585 088
Directions by car
From the M6
- Exit the M6 at junction 19a and follow the M56 to Chester/North Wales
- Take the A55 to North Wales
- Bodelwyddan Castle Hotel is directly off Junction 25 of the A55. Opposite the Marble Church
- At then of the slip road go straight across the roundabout up Engine Hill. The entrance to the hotel is approximately 150 yards up on the left
Local train station: Rhyl
Contact Virgin Trains Tel: 0845 7 222 333
Local bus service
Traveline: 0870 608 2608
Local taxi services
Carol’s Taxis: 01745 583 555
Stanley's Taxis: 01745592233