Save up to 40%* off 1000s of rooms this Summer. Plus book by 30 May and save £20* per room on selected entertainment breaks
Bodelwyddan (pronounced bod-el-with-an), is a Grade II listed Victorian property on the North Wales coast, recently the subject of a £6 million renovation. The National Portrait Gallery’s Victorian Collection is situated in the grounds and the famous Bodelwyddan Marble Church is set in the valley below. The hotel offers a superb range of leisure facilities, numerous daily activities, and nightly live entertainment.
Please note: Due to refurbishments the Main Castle House, which currently contains the National Portrait Gallery, will be closed until further notice. During this time the Cafe, Park and Victorian Amusements Gallery will remain open.
- Discover events you really can't miss
Events not to be missed!
There is so much going on at Bodelwyddan, so we thought we would put together a list of events we really don't want you to miss:
- 28 April - Bank Holiday Weekend - Recharge your batteries with an extra long weekend away this Bank Holiday with top tributes to The Police and Blondie - Book now
- 5 May - Guided Walks with Warner * - Walking boots are a must, on our guided walking tour of the Welsh countryside and coast - Book now
- 26 May - Bank Holiday break - Get into the holiday spirit with our mystical Bank Holiday breaks – experience ghost hunts and extraordinary 70s festival acts - Book now
- 9 June - World Gin Day - What better way to celebrate World Gin Day than mixing this much-loved tipple with great live entertainment? - Book now
- 16 June - Father’s Day Weekend - It’s all about the boys this Father’s Day – escape for a weekend to enjoy music from the talented Rockafellas and some well-earned ‘me’ time - Book now
- 30 June - Ghost hunt ** - There’s a whole lot of soul going on this weekend - who knows what spirits you’ll find ghost hunting in this 15th-century castle... - Book now
- 7 July - Martin Kemp - Get up close and personal to the very talented Mr Martin Kemp, as he talks us through his ‘True’ life as a movie star, soap star, musician and TV presenter - Book now
- 21 July - Ghost hunt ** - Experience plenty of musical energy this weekend with our super group, The Barricade Boys, playing live – you might find a spirit or two on our ghost hunt, too - Book now
- 28 July - Classics at the castle - We’ve got some timeless classics starring at the castle this weekend, with a classic car show as well as a brilliant homage to Morecambe and Wise - Book now
* A packed lunch will be provided on each walking day. Guided walks require £50 per person supplement, please remember to add on the walking package during the booking process. Learn more about walking breaks at Bodelwyddan.
** Ghost hunt breaks require a £43 supplement which needs to be booked separately at http://bodelwyddan-castle.co.uk/whats-on/paranormal/
- Check out our latest offers
Your Summer Gig Guide
Enjoy a late deals at Bodelwyddan Castle Hotel.
- Find out what's on at Bodelwyddan
28 April 2017
3-night weekend break - Top Tribute Party with great tributes to Blondie and The Police
5 May 2017
3-night LIVELY AND LATE Party Beat Break with Paul Da Vinci 's 60s/70s Explosion Show, Popwork and Boys Next Door
A stunning atrium at the heart of the hotel
Outstanding orchestras, bands, singers or shows
Guests enjoying the indoor pool
Relax in our gardens and grounds
Tasty food and service with a smile
Bodelwyddan Castle Hotel
Rooms to enjoy at Bodelwyddan Castle Hotel
It's all about crisp sheets, squashy pillows and space to relax. Whether you want to indulge in luxury or opt for a good basic room we have just the right choice for you. So explore our room choices and come join us at Bodelwyddan Castle Hotel, we look forward to welcoming you.
Dining with us
Whether dining at the lovely St David's restaurant on a 3-course evening meal, lunching in the Glass Atrium or enjoying tea and cake in the Mulberry Lounge you'll taste the best ingredients from Wales and around the country.
Head down to our newly refurbished Lowther Hall complete with our amazing gallery bar, offering fantastic views of our wonderful evening shows, with tiered seating adding to our first class entertainment experience.
Things to do
If you would rather enjoy a more active visit to Bodelwyddan Castle we have an abundance of activities to keep you on your toes. Here you can have the best of both worlds - a setting between mountains and coast.
The ultimate walking destination
Famous for its gorgeous landscapes, crisp clean air, rugged coastline and mountainous national parks, Wales is the perfect walking environment. Lucky for you Bodelwyddan is set right in the heart of it all; just a stone’s throw from the coast and a short drive away from Snowdonia and its own gorgeous 16 acres of grounds which backs onto a massive 260 acres of Victorian parkland, Bodelwyddan castle really is the ultimate walking destination.
Mulberry Leisure Club
Swim a couple of lengths in our indoor heated swimming pool or just relax in the spa pool. Our sauna & steam room are the perfect place to relax after a round of golf. Indulge in wonderful beauty treatments to soothe the soul leaving you well and truly re-charged!
Leisure Club included with your stay:
- Indoor heated swimming pool (towels provided) - Closed from 15 May - 29 May 2017
- Steam Room and Sauna
- Tropicarium and Spa pool
- Fully equipped fitness studio
Please note: Swimming pool will be closed for maintenance work from 15 May and re-open on 29 May 2017. We apologise for any inconvenience.
Beauty Treatments at our Day Spa
- Massages - Back, scalp, body. All soothing tension to leave you feeling restored!
- Beauty Treatments - Traditional beauty therapies and new holistic treatments
Where we are and how to find us
Bodelwyddan Castle Hotel
01745 585 088
Directions by car
From the M6
- Exit the M6 at junction 19a and follow the M56 to Chester/North Wales
- Take the A55 to North Wales
- Bodelwyddan Castle Hotel is directly off Junction 25 of the A55. Opposite the Marble Church
- At then of the slip road go straight across the roundabout up Engine Hill. The entrance to the hotel is approximately 150 yards up on the left
Local train station: Rhyl
Contact Virgin Trains Tel: 0845 7 222 333
Local bus service
Traveline: 0870 608 2608
Local taxi services
Carol’s Taxis: 01745 583 555
Stanley's Taxis: 01745592233