Tucked into a quiet corner of Cheshire, the 253-room hotel offers a wide choice of accommodation, from historic suites to contemporary rooms with balconies and green fields views.
A Grade II listed Victorian property, Alvaston Hall is a half-timbered country house that can be traced back thousands of years to when it was the home of a Saxon farmer named Aelfgar. It has a pin-drop peaceful setting with award-winning gardens, a large pool, and a pick of restaurants and lounges. Just five minutes’ drive from the riverside town of Nantwich, the hotel makes a great base for exploring Cheshire’s green spaces and history.
At a glance
- Grade II listed Victorian hall
- Award-winning gardens
- Close to Chester and North Wales
- Free Wi-Fi
- Show venue and restaurant
- Indoor pool, sauna and steam room
- Free parking on site
A Grade II listed Victorian property in Cheshire
The beautiful view from some of our Fairways rooms
Explore our beautiful grounds
Access to our leisure club is included with every stay
Cheshire Barn Pub & Kitchen
Nightly live shows included with every Dinner, Bed & Breakfast break
All room imagery shown is a representation of these room grades only. Style, size and decor will vary by room and by location.
Explore Cheshire from a great location
Anderton Boat Lift
One of only two working boat lifts in the UK, the Cathedral of the Canals won ‘experience of the year’ in 2019, with its accompanying visitors centre.
Here you’ll find cobbled streets, a Roman Amphitheatre, 1000-year-old cathedral, and of course the world-famous Chester Rows for shopping and dining.
With a man-made waterfall, gentle fountains, stone statues and a Victorian clock tower, this easy-to-get-to parkland is perfect for a quiet summers day.
A love for great British food
Relax and enjoy
Leisure facilities and things to do at Alvaston Hall
✔ Indoor heated swimming pool ✔ Aqua aerobics ✔ Gym ✔ Sauna ✔ Steam room ✔ Hair salon ✔ Treatment rooms ✔ Beauty facilities
Things to do outdoors
✔ Archery ✔ Crossbow ✔ Rifle shooting ✔ Self-guided walks and cycling routes click here for maps ✔ Indoor Short Mat Bowls ✔ Putt ✔ Croquet
Things to do indoors
Happy body and soul
Imagine adult-only sanctuaries with a unique rhythm. Places with pools, fitness, spa treatments and open space for fill-your-lungs-up freshness. Always too with soul-lifting music and dancing, then mattress toppers for restful nights. This is wellness the Warner way
Where we are and how to find us
Address and phone number
0330 1359 567
Directions by car
From the north
- Exit the M6 at Junction 18
- Take the A54 to Middlewich Town
- Turn left onto the A530 signposted Nantwich, passing Leighton Hospital
- At the next roundabout still continue on the A530, and Alvaston Hall is situated approximately one mile on the right hand side
From the south
- Exit the M6 at Junction 16
- Follow the A500 signposted Nantwich & Chester, at the forth roundabout take the 3rd exit signposted A51 Chester
- At the Peacock roundabout take the 2nd exit and continue to the Alvaston roundabout and take the 4th exit A530
- Alvaston Hall is situated approximately ½ mile along this road on the left hand side.
Local bus service is Crewe - Tel: 01270 505350
Local taxi service is Abbey Taxis - Tel: 01270 212125