Built in the mid-1500s, this beautiful Grade I listed Tudor manor has a truly unique story. History is literally on your doorstep: the stunning location has played host to occupying Romans, a Tudor tryst and even a Civil War army. The grounds contain an ornate Roman mosaic floor and settlement remains. Henry VIII courted Jane Seymour here, and the D-Day landings were planned within the house. England’s last remaining Cromwellian Chapel in a private house is also here, and the property offers many more historical jewels for you to explore at your leisure. All of this comes with outstanding service, delicious food in our spacious restaurant, live entertainment every night, and a host of activities from tennis to air-rifle shooting.
Littlecote House at a glance
- Charming historic house
- Restaurant and show venue
- Free Wi-Fi
- 34 hectares of historic parklands and gardens containing an ornate Roman mosaic floor and settlement remains
- Two tennis courts and an outdoor bowling green
- Only 20 minutes' drive away from Marlborough
- Indoor pool, sauna and steam room
- Free parking
A brand-new outdoor ice rink at Littlecote House will be open daily until mid-January. Free to enjoy for enthusiasts and beginners alike, or just to watch the action from the side lines. Ice skating sessions will be bookable at the hotel.
Standard roomIn these fantastic value rooms you’ll find everything you could want for a blissful night’s sleep. Comfort and a wide range of amenities are key here to put you properly at ease.
Signature roomIncludes our Signature Experience
A special retreat. These rooms are the dream ticket if you're longing for a comfy bed, super-soft duvet and too-many-to-mention extra little touches.
Contemporary Royale roomIncludes our Signature Experience
Each of our Contemporary Royale rooms is beautifully furnished with rich and sophisticated decor. We’re convinced that pure, unadulterated luxury doesn’t get much better than this.
Historic roomIncludes our Signature Experience
In our Historic rooms we’ve recreated a golden age of decadence. Each room is special in it's own way and many come with a stunning feature bed.
Stables Courtyard Historic roomIncludes our Signature Experience
Our Stables Courtyard Historic rooms are situated in the original Grade II listed stables (stair access only) and feature period details such as original fireplaces and wooden beams.
Relax, enjoy and explore
Food and drink
Where we are and how to find us
Littlecote House Hotel
01488 682 509
Directions by car
From the M4
- Exit the M4 at Junction 14, take the A338 to Hungerford.
- After approximately 3 miles turn right onto the A4 and at the next roundabout take the 1st exit
- Shortly afterwards turn right onto the B4192, sign posted Littlecote House Hotel.
- After approximately 1 mile, the road bends sharply to the right.
- Take the road straight ahead of you on this bend and the entrance to Littlecote House Hotel is approximately half a mile on the right hand side.
Local taxi services
Town Taxi: 07540 973515
1st Direct Cars: 07590 722953
Local bus service
Traveline: 0870 608 2608
Local train station: Hungerford
Contact First Great Western Tel: 08457 000 125